The term 'Pathwork Steps' was chosen to acknowledge the spiritual truths of 12-Step programs, and the practical reality of spiritual growth as a step by step process that is neither linear nor fixed.
Pathwork tools, techniques, and concepts can help us uncover patterns of behavior that are based upon fears and images, and that prevent us from being fully present with what is true today.
Sample of Self-Study Materials:
PL 73 The Compulsion to Recreate and Overcome Childhood Hurts
Unresolved conflicts from our childhood compel us -- on a mostly unconscious level -- to find or create similar situations, in an attempt to resolve the pain that we experienced and the pain we saw inflicted on others. In addition to our primary intimate relationships, we may also experience this 'compulsion to recreate' with friends, co-workers, and authority figures.
Download Study Guide PDF
Listen to Podcast:
2009 Presentation on YouTube 1 hr 44 mins:
Or click on the embedded video below:
Weekly Online Meetings
3 Free Online Meetings Every Week -- Sign up on the Contact Us page
Pathwork Steps is committed to creating and supporting free and low-cost resources for self development:
Free links and downloads on this website:
Monthly Self-Study guides
Links to 17 YouTube Video presentations
Download additional 16 Audio presentations
Subscriptions to Weekly Self-Study notices
Explore your understanding of the concepts!
Wednesdays and Saturdays
7:00-8:30 US Eastern
= Sunday morning in Australia & Far East
10-11:30am US Eastern
= afternoon in UK & Europe, evening in Middle East and India
Convert US Eastern meeting time to your local time zone at www.thetimenow.com
Study Guides are uploaded to 3 websites as soon as they are completed. Everyone on my contact list receives a monthly newsletter with highlights plus links to related materials.
Weekly Self-Study notices are a subscription option. Receive 1/4 of the study guide each week, along with access codes for all 3 weekly meetings.
Anyone who receives the access code may listen in. Email Jan if you want a sample copy of the weekly notice.
In order to participate, you must have read at least one segment of the current monthly study guide (included in the Weekly Self-Study notice) or any Pathwork lecture. The purpose of the meetings is to share our personal experiences working with Pathwork concepts, lectures, and study guides.
Join via the Internet, using a computer or mobile phone. Or call in using Zoom local and international access lines
At the end of each month, Jan creates a 5-10 minute YouTube video presentation to share what aspects of the topic captured the most interest or created the most confusion!
Working with Others
Real-time interaction is helpful when exploring deeper levels of aversion or resistance to spiritual concepts. We speak truth more often than we may realize.
In casual conversation, we can bury such revelations by changing topics or surrounding them with superficial, distracting details. In written communication, we may immediately edit out or soften discrepancies, illogical rationalizations, and exaggeration.
When we speak in any group setting where there is a conscious, positive intention for self-development, we allow others to hear us on multiple levels: mental, emotional, spiritual, and energetic (underlying currents that we may not be fully aware of). Words spoken within a safe, respectful container can echo back to us, so that we hear ourselves more clearly.
By listening to others -- in any situation -- we can practice hearing multiple layers, notice discrepancies or contradictions, and feel into the universal experience of being an imperfect human being. It's not easy to 'just listen'! It takes self-discipline and practice. It can be a form of active meditation.
Relating 12 Step Principles
to Pathwork Lectures
Links to specific Pathwork lectures
available for download from www.pathwork.org
1. Admitted that we were powerless over others – that our lives had become unmanageable.
Decisions and Tests PL 2 See 2008 Study Guide
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
What is the Path? PL 204 See 2009 Study Guide
3. Made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of Gob as we understood God.
The God Image PL 52 See 2014 Study Guide
Authority PL 46 See 2008 Study Guide
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Finding One's Faults PL 26 See 2015 Study Guide
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
Finding One's Faults PL 26 See 2015 Study Guide
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
See 2009 and 2013 Study Guides
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out.
Meditation for Three Voices PL 182 See 2009 and 2013 Study Guides
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Monthly Newsletters, Study Guides, and Weekly Notices